A proper development rock star, the full stack developer is in demand in almost every business right now. Full Stack developer is like a Swiss army knife of development. And he masters both the front and the back end.
He can work as DevOps, carry on databases and manage the development of mobile apps. Popularized only a few years ago, the complete profession of Full Stack developer is in great demand. What are full stack developer skills needed to get hired as a Full Stack developer? But first, let’s look at his main missions.
The main missions of the full stack developer
The tasks of the full stack programmer are numerous and depend on the company’s expectations that employ them. Here are the primary features of this professional’s job description:
- Create and maintain the applications of a website.
- Configure, maintain, and optimize hosting web infrastructures.
- Support the development of the back end.
- Design, develop and control databases.
- Intervene on the front-end of the website or application.
- Set up the architecture of an application or a web project.
- Adopt an agile working method such as Scrum, DSDM or XP.
- Interact with customers.
Versatile, the full stack developer can work on the entire project, from development to production.
Where does he practice?
The full stack developer often collaborates with start-ups. It can, however, intervene in large companies. His tasks differ depending on his work environment. In start-ups, the full-stack dev can design a specific service. When he is an employee of a large company, he supports the teams in developing and completing projects. The target project will also influence the work of the general-purpose developer.
The technical skills of an excellent full-stack developer
To carry out his tasks, the full stack web developer must have a certain number of technical skills:
- Mastery of software development and CSS Framework.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing providers: Microsoft Azure, VMware, Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in data storage and sharing services.
- Mastery of mobile development frameworks such as Ionic or Cordova.
- The ability of the database management library.
- Knowledge of module compilers.
- Proficiency in web or CMS content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Mastery of the Back-end Framework: Django, Flask, Express, Zend, Laravel, Symfony and Back-end language: Node.js, PHP.
- Mastery of the front-end framework: React, Angular JS.
As a rule, the full-stack developer must continually renew his knowledge to look for the latest technologies. As a result, full stack developer training is necessary to learn and enhance the latest skills.